Welcome to the new forums!

Welcome to the future of display calibration...
A place where all enthusiasts will be connecTED!
Forum rules
Coming Soon...
ConnecTED
Site Admin

17 Aug 2019 06:58

Welcome everyone to our new forum!

We wanted a more specialized place where all the very passionate calibration enthusiasts will share their color measurements, adjustments and calibration experiences.

A portal to learn for new stuff and methodology about how to improve even more any calibration session, to extended the knowledge about color science and to learn techniques for providing with any possible way the most accurate and calibrated picture.

We want to separate valuable info with guides/tips, from calibration measurements results and discussions, to be easier for someone to find quicker answers, tips, suggestions for a specific display/projector model using various calibration software, color measurement instruments, video processors etc.

Lets start with some ideas.

Ted.
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

S/W: LightSpace XTP, ColourSpace INF, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 2019, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG / Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
Miki

17 Aug 2019 16:09

I would like to thank displaycalibrations.com staff for giving us, the enthusiasts, a free and impartial place where science and “certified” methods can be discussed without any prejudice!

Miki
Last edited by Miki on 20 Aug 2019 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
SW: LightSpace HTP | CalMAN Enthusiast 2018 R3
Meters: basICColor Discus | X-Rite i1 Pro 2, i1 Display Pro OEM
TPG: DVDO AvLab TPG | RPi PGenerator
TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H | LG OLED55C8PLA
Baller02

17 Aug 2019 19:01

This is the start of something big!
Panasonic 55FZW804, i1pro2, i1Display Pro OEM REV B(profiled by Jeti 1501), i1Display Pro Retail 2017, DVDO AVLab TPG, HDFury Integral, Calman HE 2018, Lightspace HTL, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, FireTV 1/4k/Stick 4K
Ajaja2019

17 Aug 2019 21:10

What an awesome idea to have every passionate calibrator whether a novice or pro share their experience calibrating various monitors on this platform .... This forum will gather pace and will become very popular amongst calibrators. Ted, a mine field of calibration expertise has some much to offer. Please let’s all celebrate this new forum and engage in conversation!
Xrite I1D3 coloremeter / Calman5 ultimate/ Mobileforge in firestick Panasonic TX55EZ950
Baller02

18 Aug 2019 00:17

What about a sticky thread for all sub topics with general calibration best practices (as link to central sticky thread) + Software specific ones.

For example:

- known bit perfect pattern generators for rgb ycbcr 4:4:4/4:2:2
- bit perfect test patterns (avshd is not so not recommonded)
- measure complete grayscale, adjust, measure again complete grayscale (do not display one pattern steady and adjust)
- use the same color space for pattern generator as your source device for playing content

This will save beginners a lot of time and they don’t add more errors to the picture.
A central point at the start to get all known facts without searching all discussions and always asking the same questions.
Panasonic 55FZW804, i1pro2, i1Display Pro OEM REV B(profiled by Jeti 1501), i1Display Pro Retail 2017, DVDO AVLab TPG, HDFury Integral, Calman HE 2018, Lightspace HTL, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, FireTV 1/4k/Stick 4K
ConnecTED
Site Admin

18 Aug 2019 01:14

Baller02 wrote:
18 Aug 2019 00:17
What about a sticky thread for all sub topics with general calibration best practices + Software specific ones.

This will save beginners a lot of time and they don’t add more errors to the picture.
Hi,

Currently I'm looking initially to focus to interface colors/layout/design changes.

While I do that initial procedure to setup the forum, I have locked the root forum threads per each software until the interface decisions and each page design will be competed.

There will be added meter/hardware threads also to the root page of the forum, each one will have recommendation of setting, installation notes, issues discussion, FAQ etc.

Then we will start talking about creating the categories per software/meter/hardware.

There will be separation from general settings recommendation/explanation for software, meters, pattern generators, other hardware etc... from discussions/tips/best practices and methodology/recommendation for calibration steps etc.

The plan is to separate the 'valuable info' from general discussions. This is not happening to current calibration forums where 'valuable info' is mixed with unanswered questions, so its not easy for anyone to locate the 'valuable info' easily. This is the purpose of this forum. :)

We will add post-calibration results area where the users will be able to post their measurements results per display/projector model, but we will set rules about how someone can post his reports.

The user will have to inform about every single detail for software/meter/hardware settings/display firmware etc... for his posted measurements results, so all his details to be helpful for other people with similar software/hardware, when they will try to calibrate using same settings to their setup.

Each one measurement will be a new topic for a specific display, so each topic will talk specifically for that measurement run/results.

To keep the posted measurement stuff uniform, each post probably it will require review first before approval to be public, in case the user will forget to post some important details, he will get a PM of what settings are missing..... in case the post will not meet the general rules, it will be moved to display area with in-complete or to quick general measurement runs topic.

There will be no any filtering of good or bad results, all results will be approved when the user will have post all his settings and calibration steps he performed, so this will help some other users to point to the user some issues or recommend something else to help improving the results to the next calibration session, or users can suggest a better solution to improve the calibration, locate wrong settings etc.

When some 'valuable info' will come from one user which can help generally all users of the same display, they info will be moved to the general tips of the specific display are, with the name of the user also and link to the original user post.

Doing all this after some time, there will be full documentation per each display model, so someone who want to calibrate a new display for him, a different brand/model from the one he is familiar to calibrate, he will be able to find quickly the 'valuable info' and not waste time reading various pages of other forums until he will find something useful.

The topics with questions about issues, when each specific issue will be resolved, that info will be moved also to 'valuable info' area and the topic will be marked as 'Resolved Issue'.

You can post your ideas also... now its only the beginning of something which will become powerful in the future.

S/W: LightSpace XTP, ColourSpace INF, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 2019, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG / Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
ConnecTED
Site Admin

18 Aug 2019 01:21

I recommend also as first priority for all users to include to their signature the software/meters/generators or other calibration hardware they are using.

It will be helpful generally to reduce the questions to many topics/thread post etc.

If there space available; as max 255 characters are supported; they can include their display/projector models also or other info of their HT system they proudly own.

Ajaja2019

18 Aug 2019 08:57

I will try and start a new post Panasonic OLED 55EZ950 calibration once I gather all the data!
Xrite I1D3 coloremeter / Calman5 ultimate/ Mobileforge in firestick Panasonic TX55EZ950
Baller02

18 Aug 2019 12:11

Sounds great Ted!
Jakobboon

18 Aug 2019 16:20

Hello everybody! Ted maybe it is possible to separate each Tv manufacturer separately in the forum, so you have it easier?

oh, you already have it, have read it later, sorry!